Minor gangraped in Delhi, one held
New Delhi: Four people, including two brothers, forcibly confined and gangraped a 13-year-old minor in west Delhi, police said on Friday, adding one of them has been arrested.
The four picked up the minor, who was taking a stroll near her house at Nawada in Uttam Nagar Aug 28, and took her to a nearby under-construction building where they gangraped her, police said.
"They, then, threatened her of dire consequences if she reported it to anyone," Additional Commissioner of Police V Renganathan said.
Terrified, the minor went home and did not reveal it to anyone. However, after two days, she told her mother who then along with her came to the police station and registered a complaint Thursday, police said.
The medical examination confirmed rape, police said.
"According to the description provided by the victim, we arrested one of the accused and three are still absconding," Renganathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview