Minor gangraped in Delhi, one held
New Delhi: Four people, including two brothers, forcibly confined and gangraped a 13-year-old minor in west Delhi, police said on Friday, adding one of them has been arrested.
The four picked up the minor, who was taking a stroll near her house at Nawada in Uttam Nagar Aug 28, and took her to a nearby under-construction building where they gangraped her, police said.
"They, then, threatened her of dire consequences if she reported it to anyone," Additional Commissioner of Police V Renganathan said.
Terrified, the minor went home and did not reveal it to anyone. However, after two days, she told her mother who then along with her came to the police station and registered a complaint Thursday, police said.
The medical examination confirmed rape, police said.
"According to the description provided by the victim, we arrested one of the accused and three are still absconding," Renganathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report