Minor gangraped in Delhi, one held
New Delhi: Four people, including two brothers, forcibly confined and gangraped a 13-year-old minor in west Delhi, police said on Friday, adding one of them has been arrested.
The four picked up the minor, who was taking a stroll near her house at Nawada in Uttam Nagar Aug 28, and took her to a nearby under-construction building where they gangraped her, police said.
"They, then, threatened her of dire consequences if she reported it to anyone," Additional Commissioner of Police V Renganathan said.
Terrified, the minor went home and did not reveal it to anyone. However, after two days, she told her mother who then along with her came to the police station and registered a complaint Thursday, police said.
The medical examination confirmed rape, police said.
"According to the description provided by the victim, we arrested one of the accused and three are still absconding," Renganathan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'