Minor girl alleges rape by uncle in east Delhi
New Delhi: A 13-year-old orphan girl was allegedly raped by her uncle over a period of one year in Kalyanpuri area of east Delhi.
The accused, who works as a food supplier with a private firm in Noida, is absconding and police are conducting raids to nab him.
The accused was allegedly sexually assaulted the minor after blackmailing her that he would leave her aunt if she spurned her advances.
Yesterday, the girl narrated the incident to her aunt and both approached the police, a police official said.
A case was registered against the accused later.
The family of the accused had shifted to the girl`s home in Khidipur after the death of her father around five years ago.
A case under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and relevant sections of Indian Penal Code has been registered, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says