Minor girl alleges rape by uncle in east Delhi
New Delhi: A 13-year-old orphan girl was allegedly raped by her uncle over a period of one year in Kalyanpuri area of east Delhi.
The accused, who works as a food supplier with a private firm in Noida, is absconding and police are conducting raids to nab him.
The accused was allegedly sexually assaulted the minor after blackmailing her that he would leave her aunt if she spurned her advances.
Yesterday, the girl narrated the incident to her aunt and both approached the police, a police official said.
A case was registered against the accused later.
The family of the accused had shifted to the girl`s home in Khidipur after the death of her father around five years ago.
A case under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and relevant sections of Indian Penal Code has been registered, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back