Minor girl commits suicide in Delhi police station
New Delhi: A 16-year-old girl committed suicide by hanging in a police station in west Delhi on Saturday evening, police said.
"The girl had gone missing from her home in south Delhi Friday. A passerby spotted her near Rithala Metro station Saturday in west Delhi and took her to Vijay Vihar police station," said a police officer.
Police informed her parents and asked the girl to stay in the ladies changing room, where she hung herself. A police personnel spotted her body around 5 pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users