Minor girl commits suicide in Delhi police station
New Delhi: A 16-year-old girl committed suicide by hanging in a police station in here Saturday evening, police said.
"The girl, a native of Bangladesh, who works as a domestic help in south Delhi, had gone missing from her home in Vasant Kunj Friday. A passerby spotted her near Rithala Metro station Saturday in north Delhi and took her to Vijay Vihar police station," said a police officer.
Police informed her parents and asked the girl to stay in the ladies changing room, where she hung herself from a ceiling with her stole. A police personnel spotted her body around 5 pm.
Police said she was depressed as her parents were pressing her to marry against her wishes.
"On Friday, she left her house around 11 a.m. without telling her parents without properly telling them where she was going. When she did not come back, after an hour they started searching and later informed police in the evening," the officer said.
A case of kidnapping was registered at Vasant Kunj north police station, the officer added.
The girl`s body has been sent for the postmortem examination at Baba Bhim Rao Ambedkar hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband