Minor girl killed, stuffed in bin by neighbour
New Delhi: An 11-year-old girl was murdered by a neighbour who stuffed her body into a garbage bin near her house here, police said Sunday. The accused has been arrested.
The body of the girl, who had come to Delhi from Bihar a month and a half ago, was found in south Delhi`s Pul Prahladpur neighbourhood around 10 pm on Saturday, a few hours after she was reported missing. There was an injury mark on her head.
The girl`s neighbour Gopal, 35, a resident of Katihar in Bihar, was arrested Sunday morning from Tuglakabad Railway Station when he was trying to leave the city, police said.
"He was untraceable since last night and that made us suspicious," said the officer.
Gopal told police that after consuming alcohol Saturday evening, he entered the girl`s house when she was alone.
"He tried to misbehave with the girl and attacked her with a wooden rolling pin. She became unconscious and he took her to a secluded spot before killing her with a pointed stone and stuffing the body into a garbage bin," the officer added.
The victim, who had been living with her brother, was missing from her house since Saturday evening, said a police officer.
Her brother discovered the body in the bin Saturday night and informed police. There was an injury mark on her head and her clothes were found torn," he said.
An autopsy would be carried out on the body to ascertain if the victim was raped before murder, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore