Minor girl killed, stuffed in bin by neighbour
New Delhi: An 11-year-old girl was murdered by a neighbour who stuffed her body into a garbage bin near her house here, police said Sunday. The accused has been arrested.
The body of the girl, who had come to Delhi from Bihar a month and a half ago, was found in south Delhi`s Pul Prahladpur neighbourhood around 10 pm on Saturday, a few hours after she was reported missing. There was an injury mark on her head.
The girl`s neighbour Gopal, 35, a resident of Katihar in Bihar, was arrested Sunday morning from Tuglakabad Railway Station when he was trying to leave the city, police said.
"He was untraceable since last night and that made us suspicious," said the officer.
Gopal told police that after consuming alcohol Saturday evening, he entered the girl`s house when she was alone.
"He tried to misbehave with the girl and attacked her with a wooden rolling pin. She became unconscious and he took her to a secluded spot before killing her with a pointed stone and stuffing the body into a garbage bin," the officer added.
The victim, who had been living with her brother, was missing from her house since Saturday evening, said a police officer.
Her brother discovered the body in the bin Saturday night and informed police. There was an injury mark on her head and her clothes were found torn," he said.
An autopsy would be carried out on the body to ascertain if the victim was raped before murder, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees