Minor girl killed, stuffed in bin by neighbour
New Delhi: An 11-year-old girl was murdered by a neighbour who stuffed her body into a garbage bin near her house here, police said Sunday. The accused has been arrested.
The body of the girl, who had come to Delhi from Bihar a month and a half ago, was found in south Delhi`s Pul Prahladpur neighbourhood around 10 pm on Saturday, a few hours after she was reported missing. There was an injury mark on her head.
The girl`s neighbour Gopal, 35, a resident of Katihar in Bihar, was arrested Sunday morning from Tuglakabad Railway Station when he was trying to leave the city, police said.
"He was untraceable since last night and that made us suspicious," said the officer.
Gopal told police that after consuming alcohol Saturday evening, he entered the girl`s house when she was alone.
"He tried to misbehave with the girl and attacked her with a wooden rolling pin. She became unconscious and he took her to a secluded spot before killing her with a pointed stone and stuffing the body into a garbage bin," the officer added.
The victim, who had been living with her brother, was missing from her house since Saturday evening, said a police officer.
Her brother discovered the body in the bin Saturday night and informed police. There was an injury mark on her head and her clothes were found torn," he said.
An autopsy would be carried out on the body to ascertain if the victim was raped before murder, said police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you