Minor helps Delhi Police to solve murder mystery
New Delhi: An 11-year-old boy helped Delhi Police solve a kidnapping-cum-murder case of the 25-year-old son of a property dealer, police said on Thursday. Four people, including a woman, have been arrested.
The boy, whose identity was not revealed, had provided crucial clues in the incident as he reportedly saw the accused setting the victim on fire.
Abhay Diwan, 27, his wife Mahima Diwan, 25, Jatin, 24, and Runeet Gulati, 20, were arrested Wednesday for killing Shivam Kapoor, a resident of Malka Ganj in north Delhi July 17.
Kapoor was found in a semi-burnt condition near the bank of a canal in north Delhi`s Pitampura area July 18.
"During investigation, police came to know that the victim was last seen with his friend Runeet," T.S. Luthra, joint commissioner of police, said.
Runeet was apprehended and he revealed the name of his associates in the crime.
During interrogation, Abhay Diwan, the master mind, revealed that he had incurred a loss of Rs.70 lakh during gambling.
"To clear his debts, Abhay kidnapped Kapoor for ransom with the help of Runeet," Luthra said.
"On the way, Abhay shot the victim in his abdomen when he resisted and stabbed him with a sharp cutter on different parts of his body," Luthra added.
To destroy the victim`s body, they took help of Mahima and Jatin, who also shot at the victim`s head before setting him on fire.
"Abhay Diwan is a property dealer. He fell in bad company and started betting on cricket matches. The financial condition of Jatin was also not good. Gulati, who was pursuing hotel management course from Banglore, wanted to be free from debts taken by his mother for his studies," said Luthra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read