Minor rape case: Teachers protest school staff suspension
New Delhi: Protesting suspension of five staff members of a Mangolpuri school where a seven-year-old was allegedly raped, a delegation of teachers union on Thursday approached the Lt Governor seeking revocation of the order.
"The LG office has assured us that the suspended teachers will be reinstated soon," chairman of the Joint Council of Primary Teachers Ram Kishan Punia said.
The teachers` union met Ranjan Mukherjee, OSD to Lt Governor Tejendra Khanna, and sought reinstatement of the the suspended staff.
"We have been told it will happen at the earliest. After all, 20 days after the alleged rape, the police have not been able to find out who committed the crime," Punia said.
Four staff members of the Mongolpuri school - Principal Neelam Karwal, class teacher Monica Kohli, school attendant Sushila and watchman Kailash - were suspended on March 02 by North Delhi Municipal Corporation Commissioner PK Gupta after parents of the minor alleged that she had been raped in the school premises.
School Inspector Balraj Singh was also suspended.
The police are yet to arrest any person or name a suspect in the case. The teachers had on March 9 staged a dharna at Jantar Mantar demanding that the suspension be lifted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman