Minor raped in Chandni Mahal area in Delhi, accused nabbed
New Delhi: A 9-year-old girl was allegedly raped by neighbour`s relatives in Chandni Mahal area of central Delhi.
Police said that the incident took place on Tuesday`s evening when victim, who hails from Bihar, was playing alone outside her house, adding that accused was apprehended.
"Girl`s parents had sent her to Delhi for study four years ago and she was enrolled in a nearby government school.
The accused too had come to a distant relative`s home on a visit and had been staying there for the past few days.
"When girl was playing outside her house, accused reached there and took her to his house where she was raped. During the incident, some locals reached there after hearing girl`s screams and caught him," said a senior police officer.
Police said the locals roughed him up before their team could arrive at the scene.
Officer added that the medical examination of the victim has confirmed rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth
- 'Only 15% water left in major reservoirs in India; west, south worst hit'