Minor`s rape: DCP asked to act against sub-inspector
New Delhi: Outer Delhi Deputy Commissioner of police has been asked by a court here to take action against a sub-inspector for his lapses in probing a case of kidnapping and rape of a minor and not examining its human trafficking aspect.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau ordered action against Sub Inspector Satnarain noting that he neither collected from the hospital the medical records of 15-year-old victim nor placed it on record with the case charge sheet.
"Copy of this order be sent to the DCP (Outer) for further investigation as requested by the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) concerned and appropriate action against the erring officials including the IO (Satnarain) under intimation to this court," said ASJ Lau.
The court also imposed a cost of Rs 2,000 on sub-inspector and ordered its deduction from his salary after he failed to explain the delay in filing the affidavits of witnesses of the case.
The court`s order came in a case of rape and kidnapping of the minor girl from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, who had come here with her brother had a co-villager Chotey Lal for her medical treatment.
She had gone missing from here along with Chotey Lal and was later recovered from Ghaziabad from the custody of one Lokender, the key accused.
ASJ Lau slammed the sub inspector after the girl, in her deposition, told the court that Chotey Lal, in her brother`s absence here, had allured her and took her to Haridwar on November 20, 2011 on pretext of marrying her. She said he had taken her with the help of accused Meena Devi and Vijay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested