Minor`s rape: DCP asked to act against sub-inspector
New Delhi: Outer Delhi Deputy Commissioner of police has been asked by a court here to take action against a sub-inspector for his lapses in probing a case of kidnapping and rape of a minor and not examining its human trafficking aspect.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau ordered action against Sub Inspector Satnarain noting that he neither collected from the hospital the medical records of 15-year-old victim nor placed it on record with the case charge sheet.
"Copy of this order be sent to the DCP (Outer) for further investigation as requested by the Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) concerned and appropriate action against the erring officials including the IO (Satnarain) under intimation to this court," said ASJ Lau.
The court also imposed a cost of Rs 2,000 on sub-inspector and ordered its deduction from his salary after he failed to explain the delay in filing the affidavits of witnesses of the case.
The court`s order came in a case of rape and kidnapping of the minor girl from Azamgarh in Uttar Pradesh, who had come here with her brother had a co-villager Chotey Lal for her medical treatment.
She had gone missing from here along with Chotey Lal and was later recovered from Ghaziabad from the custody of one Lokender, the key accused.
ASJ Lau slammed the sub inspector after the girl, in her deposition, told the court that Chotey Lal, in her brother`s absence here, had allured her and took her to Haridwar on November 20, 2011 on pretext of marrying her. She said he had taken her with the help of accused Meena Devi and Vijay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people