Mishap victim`s kin given Rs 43L as compensation
New Delhi: The family members of the victim
of a road mishap, involving a rashly-driven two wheeler, have
been awarded a compensation of over Rs 43 lakh by a tribunal.
Presiding Officer of Motor Accident Claims Tribunal (MACT)
Sanjay Kumar Aggarwal directed United India Insurance Company
Ltd, with which the offending two-wheeler was insured, to pay
Rs 43,60,139 to the wife and children of Ravinder Singh, who
had died in a road mishap last April.
"Reading all the documents filed by the petitioners (the
victim`s family) as a whole it is clear that the respondent
(Aasar Kapoor) was driving the vehicle in a rash and negligent
"I award Rs 43,60,139 as compensation with interest at the
rate of 7.5 per cent per annum, in favour of the petitioners
and against the respondents (Aasar Kapoor, Dalip Kapoor and
insurance company) on account of their liability being joint
and several," the tribunal said.
The accident took place on April 4 last year when Tilak
Nagar resident Aasar Kapoor hit Singh`s motorcycle with his
two-wheeler at a red light on Outer Ring Road near Keshopur,
due to which Singh sustained grievous injuries and died later
in the hospital, his family said.
The tribunal awarded the compensation to the victim`s wife
and kids, also residents of Tilak Nagar, after coming to the
conclusion that Aasar was riding his motorcycle in a rash and
negligent manner, on the basis of the documents filed.
"The insurance company is directed to deposit the award
amount in the Bank of Maharashtra, Chandni Chowk Branch, in
the name of the petitioners in terms of the award," it said.
Out of the total money, the MACT has apportioned 60 per
cent to the wife of the victim and rest to his two daughters
and minor son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof