Missing boy found murdered in Jamia Nagar saloon
New Delhi: The body of a 12-year-old boy, who had gone missing on Friday, was on Sunday found murdered in a saloon close to his house in Jamia Nagar area of southeast Delhi.
Arham Hussain, a Class 8 student, who had gone to a saloon for getting his hair cut on Friday, did not return home. His parents, who deal in construction material, then informed the police.
During investigation, police suspected the saloon as it was shut today despite being Sunday when many customers visit the saloon, a senior police officer said.
The gate of the saloon was broken open, and the inside scanned. Arham`s body was found in a steel box in a decomposed state, the officer said.
As per initial investigation, it seemed that Arham was strangled to death. However, police are awaiting the post mortem report to ascertain the exact cause of death, he said.
The officer also said that Arham`s parents had received a ransom call yesterday, demanding Rs 10 lakh for his safe release.
The parents had also pasted posters and hoardings at several places seeking information about their son.
"Police have registered a case under appropriate section of the IPC at Jamia Nagar police station and further investigation is on," the officer said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know