Missing boy found murdered in Jamia Nagar saloon
New Delhi: The body of a 12-year-old boy, who had gone missing on Friday, was on Sunday found murdered in a saloon close to his house in Jamia Nagar area of southeast Delhi.
Arham Hussain, a Class 8 student, who had gone to a saloon for getting his hair cut on Friday, did not return home. His parents, who deal in construction material, then informed the police.
During investigation, police suspected the saloon as it was shut today despite being Sunday when many customers visit the saloon, a senior police officer said.
The gate of the saloon was broken open, and the inside scanned. Arham`s body was found in a steel box in a decomposed state, the officer said.
As per initial investigation, it seemed that Arham was strangled to death. However, police are awaiting the post mortem report to ascertain the exact cause of death, he said.
The officer also said that Arham`s parents had received a ransom call yesterday, demanding Rs 10 lakh for his safe release.
The parents had also pasted posters and hoardings at several places seeking information about their son.
"Police have registered a case under appropriate section of the IPC at Jamia Nagar police station and further investigation is on," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing