Missing boy found murdered in Jamia Nagar saloon
New Delhi: The body of a 12-year-old boy, who had gone missing on Friday, was on Sunday found murdered in a saloon close to his house in Jamia Nagar area of southeast Delhi.
Arham Hussain, a Class 8 student, who had gone to a saloon for getting his hair cut on Friday, did not return home. His parents, who deal in construction material, then informed the police.
During investigation, police suspected the saloon as it was shut today despite being Sunday when many customers visit the saloon, a senior police officer said.
The gate of the saloon was broken open, and the inside scanned. Arham`s body was found in a steel box in a decomposed state, the officer said.
As per initial investigation, it seemed that Arham was strangled to death. However, police are awaiting the post mortem report to ascertain the exact cause of death, he said.
The officer also said that Arham`s parents had received a ransom call yesterday, demanding Rs 10 lakh for his safe release.
The parents had also pasted posters and hoardings at several places seeking information about their son.
"Police have registered a case under appropriate section of the IPC at Jamia Nagar police station and further investigation is on," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!