Missing boy found murdered in Jamia Nagar saloon
New Delhi: The body of a 12-year-old boy, who had gone missing on Friday, was on Sunday found murdered in a saloon close to his house in Jamia Nagar area of southeast Delhi.
Arham Hussain, a Class 8 student, who had gone to a saloon for getting his hair cut on Friday, did not return home. His parents, who deal in construction material, then informed the police.
During investigation, police suspected the saloon as it was shut today despite being Sunday when many customers visit the saloon, a senior police officer said.
The gate of the saloon was broken open, and the inside scanned. Arham`s body was found in a steel box in a decomposed state, the officer said.
As per initial investigation, it seemed that Arham was strangled to death. However, police are awaiting the post mortem report to ascertain the exact cause of death, he said.
The officer also said that Arham`s parents had received a ransom call yesterday, demanding Rs 10 lakh for his safe release.
The parents had also pasted posters and hoardings at several places seeking information about their son.
"Police have registered a case under appropriate section of the IPC at Jamia Nagar police station and further investigation is on," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray