Missing Delhi girl rescued from Bareilly
New Delhi: A 16-year-old girl, who went missing last week from south Delhi, was rescued by a Delhi Police team from Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly city, police said on Friday. The girl alleged she was raped by a man who lured her to come with him.
The girl, a resident of Rangpuri Hills in Vasant Kunj area, went missing on April 23 and a complaint was registered by her parents, a police officer said.
"The girl told us that she was lured by Wasim, who lives in the same area. He with the support of his friend Ati Khan, took her to Bareilly where the girl was raped repeatedly," a police officer said.
The girl was rescued from Bareilly and brought to Delhi on Wednesday.
"Atir Khan has been arrested while Wasim is still absconding. The girl has been sent for medical examination," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30