Missing Delhi girl rescued from Bareilly
New Delhi: A 16-year-old girl, who went missing last week from south Delhi, was rescued by a Delhi Police team from Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly city, police said on Friday. The girl alleged she was raped by a man who lured her to come with him.
The girl, a resident of Rangpuri Hills in Vasant Kunj area, went missing on April 23 and a complaint was registered by her parents, a police officer said.
"The girl told us that she was lured by Wasim, who lives in the same area. He with the support of his friend Ati Khan, took her to Bareilly where the girl was raped repeatedly," a police officer said.
The girl was rescued from Bareilly and brought to Delhi on Wednesday.
"Atir Khan has been arrested while Wasim is still absconding. The girl has been sent for medical examination," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH