Missing Delhi girl rescued from Bareilly
New Delhi: A 16-year-old girl, who went missing last week from south Delhi, was rescued by a Delhi Police team from Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly city, police said on Friday. The girl alleged she was raped by a man who lured her to come with him.
The girl, a resident of Rangpuri Hills in Vasant Kunj area, went missing on April 23 and a complaint was registered by her parents, a police officer said.
"The girl told us that she was lured by Wasim, who lives in the same area. He with the support of his friend Ati Khan, took her to Bareilly where the girl was raped repeatedly," a police officer said.
The girl was rescued from Bareilly and brought to Delhi on Wednesday.
"Atir Khan has been arrested while Wasim is still absconding. The girl has been sent for medical examination," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!