Missing youth`s body found in canal, kin suspect foul play
New Delhi: The body of a 22-year-old youth, who went missing on Thursday, was today recovered from Kondli Canal of east Delhi`s Gazipur area, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Deepak who worked with a private firm, police said adding he had been missing from May 1.
Deepak`s family members had filed a missing report a day later, alleging that Deepak`s friends were responsible for Deepak going missing.
According to police officials, the body was bloated showing signs of being in the water for a long time.
The skin in parts of the victim`s face had peeled off, they said.
"Preliminary investigations have revealed the cause of death to be drowning. We are also investigating whether the boy was in an inebriated state before falling into the water or if there is some foul play. We are waiting for the post-mortem report," said a police officer.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics