Misty morning, slightly cloudy day for Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites had a slightly cloudy
day on Thursday, starting with early morning mist, even as the
mercury crossed ten degree Celsius after hovering around 8
degrees for the past few days.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 10.4 degree
Celsius, one degree above normal, as against yesterday`s 8.3
However, the maximum decreased by one degree from
yesterday`s 24.4 degree Celsius to settle at 23.3 degree C,
which is one degree below normal.
A Met department official said a slight cloud cover has
led to the rise in mercury levels which is expected to
continue in the next few days.
The minimum and maximum temperature is predicted to touch
13 degree Celsius and 25 degree Celsius respectively tomorrow.
The Met department has forecast a misty and foggy morning
with clouds enveloping sky as the day progresses.
In 2008, the lowest minimum of the month was 6.4 degree
Celsius recorded on December 26 while in 2007, it was 3.9
degrees on December 29.
The all-time record for minimum temperature in the month
of December was recorded on December 26 of 1945 when the
mercury slumped to 1.1 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured