Misty morning, slightly cloudy day for Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites had a slightly cloudy
day on Thursday, starting with early morning mist, even as the
mercury crossed ten degree Celsius after hovering around 8
degrees for the past few days.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 10.4 degree
Celsius, one degree above normal, as against yesterday`s 8.3
However, the maximum decreased by one degree from
yesterday`s 24.4 degree Celsius to settle at 23.3 degree C,
which is one degree below normal.
A Met department official said a slight cloud cover has
led to the rise in mercury levels which is expected to
continue in the next few days.
The minimum and maximum temperature is predicted to touch
13 degree Celsius and 25 degree Celsius respectively tomorrow.
The Met department has forecast a misty and foggy morning
with clouds enveloping sky as the day progresses.
In 2008, the lowest minimum of the month was 6.4 degree
Celsius recorded on December 26 while in 2007, it was 3.9
degrees on December 29.
The all-time record for minimum temperature in the month
of December was recorded on December 26 of 1945 when the
mercury slumped to 1.1 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?