Misty morning, slightly cloudy day for Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites had a slightly cloudy
day on Thursday, starting with early morning mist, even as the
mercury crossed ten degree Celsius after hovering around 8
degrees for the past few days.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 10.4 degree
Celsius, one degree above normal, as against yesterday`s 8.3
However, the maximum decreased by one degree from
yesterday`s 24.4 degree Celsius to settle at 23.3 degree C,
which is one degree below normal.
A Met department official said a slight cloud cover has
led to the rise in mercury levels which is expected to
continue in the next few days.
The minimum and maximum temperature is predicted to touch
13 degree Celsius and 25 degree Celsius respectively tomorrow.
The Met department has forecast a misty and foggy morning
with clouds enveloping sky as the day progresses.
In 2008, the lowest minimum of the month was 6.4 degree
Celsius recorded on December 26 while in 2007, it was 3.9
degrees on December 29.
The all-time record for minimum temperature in the month
of December was recorded on December 26 of 1945 when the
mercury slumped to 1.1 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur