MLA attack case: Police gets 6-day custody of four accused
New Delhi: Four youths arrested for allegedly shooting INLD MLA Bharat Singh were on Monday sent to six-day police remand.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav remanded Vikas Dagar alias Vicky, Kuldeep, Sumit Dagar and Virender Sehrawat, who have been charged for the offence of attempt to murder and under provisions of the Arms Act, in police custody till June 10 for their interrogation.
"Considering the facts and circumstances of the case, the Investigating Officer has been able to make out a good case for grant of police custody of all four accused persons for period of six days," the court said.
The four men, all residents of Jharoda Kalan village, have been accused of shooting Najafgarh MLA Singh and his maternal uncle Dharam Pal outside their office in southwest Delhi.
While seeking their custody, Special Cell of Delhi Police told the court that they had made a disclosure statement about effecting the incident and their custody is needed to "unearth the motive behind the conspiracy leading to the gruesome shootout."
The police also said that while some weapons have been recovered from them, recovery of other weapons used in the incident is yet to be effected and other co-accused have to be arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back