MLA Bharat Singh wants CBI to investigate attack
New Delhi: Delhi MLA Bharat Singh, who survived a murderous attack last month on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the incident alleging that the investigation by the city police is not on the right track.
Addressing a press conference here, the 35-year-old Najafgarh MLA claimed that the attempt on his life was not due to personal enmity but a political conspiracy as his adversaries were not liking the popularity he was enjoying.
Singh was shot at in his office in Najafgarh`s Sarangpur village on June two. Seven people were arrested in connection with the incident and investigators said one Udaiveer was the main accused who was allegedly nursing a grudge against him.
"The attack was political and personal. There was a political conspiracy. The local police is not investigating the case properly. The investigations are not fair. I demand a CBI probe into the incident," he said.
Stating that he had sought security at his home and office, he alleged that he did not get any support from the government or the police. "There are one or two policemen at my house but there is no security at my office," he said.
He also alleged that the main conspirator has not been arrested yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical