MLA Bharat Singh wants CBI to investigate attack
New Delhi: Delhi MLA Bharat Singh, who survived a murderous attack last month on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the incident alleging that the investigation by the city police is not on the right track.
Addressing a press conference here, the 35-year-old Najafgarh MLA claimed that the attempt on his life was not due to personal enmity but a political conspiracy as his adversaries were not liking the popularity he was enjoying.
Singh was shot at in his office in Najafgarh`s Sarangpur village on June two. Seven people were arrested in connection with the incident and investigators said one Udaiveer was the main accused who was allegedly nursing a grudge against him.
"The attack was political and personal. There was a political conspiracy. The local police is not investigating the case properly. The investigations are not fair. I demand a CBI probe into the incident," he said.
Stating that he had sought security at his home and office, he alleged that he did not get any support from the government or the police. "There are one or two policemen at my house but there is no security at my office," he said.
He also alleged that the main conspirator has not been arrested yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...