MLA Bharat Singh wants CBI to investigate attack
New Delhi: Delhi MLA Bharat Singh, who survived a murderous attack last month on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the incident alleging that the investigation by the city police is not on the right track.
Addressing a press conference here, the 35-year-old Najafgarh MLA claimed that the attempt on his life was not due to personal enmity but a political conspiracy as his adversaries were not liking the popularity he was enjoying.
Singh was shot at in his office in Najafgarh`s Sarangpur village on June two. Seven people were arrested in connection with the incident and investigators said one Udaiveer was the main accused who was allegedly nursing a grudge against him.
"The attack was political and personal. There was a political conspiracy. The local police is not investigating the case properly. The investigations are not fair. I demand a CBI probe into the incident," he said.
Stating that he had sought security at his home and office, he alleged that he did not get any support from the government or the police. "There are one or two policemen at my house but there is no security at my office," he said.
He also alleged that the main conspirator has not been arrested yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17