MLA Bharat Singh wants CBI to investigate attack
New Delhi: Delhi MLA Bharat Singh, who survived a murderous attack last month on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the incident alleging that the investigation by the city police is not on the right track.
Addressing a press conference here, the 35-year-old Najafgarh MLA claimed that the attempt on his life was not due to personal enmity but a political conspiracy as his adversaries were not liking the popularity he was enjoying.
Singh was shot at in his office in Najafgarh`s Sarangpur village on June two. Seven people were arrested in connection with the incident and investigators said one Udaiveer was the main accused who was allegedly nursing a grudge against him.
"The attack was political and personal. There was a political conspiracy. The local police is not investigating the case properly. The investigations are not fair. I demand a CBI probe into the incident," he said.
Stating that he had sought security at his home and office, he alleged that he did not get any support from the government or the police. "There are one or two policemen at my house but there is no security at my office," he said.
He also alleged that the main conspirator has not been arrested yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened