MLA Bharat Singh wants CBI to investigate attack
New Delhi: Delhi MLA Bharat Singh, who survived a murderous attack last month on Thursday demanded a CBI probe into the incident alleging that the investigation by the city police is not on the right track.
Addressing a press conference here, the 35-year-old Najafgarh MLA claimed that the attempt on his life was not due to personal enmity but a political conspiracy as his adversaries were not liking the popularity he was enjoying.
Singh was shot at in his office in Najafgarh`s Sarangpur village on June two. Seven people were arrested in connection with the incident and investigators said one Udaiveer was the main accused who was allegedly nursing a grudge against him.
"The attack was political and personal. There was a political conspiracy. The local police is not investigating the case properly. The investigations are not fair. I demand a CBI probe into the incident," he said.
Stating that he had sought security at his home and office, he alleged that he did not get any support from the government or the police. "There are one or two policemen at my house but there is no security at my office," he said.
He also alleged that the main conspirator has not been arrested yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?