MLAs evicted on first day of Delhi Assembly monsoon session
New Delhi: Six opposition MLAs, including
the lone BSP legislator, was forcefully evicted from Delhi
Assembly on the first day of monsoon session today for
violating decorum of the House.
Speaker Yoganand Shastri first ordered removal of four
BJP MLAs who resorted to beating stainless steel utensils to
draw his attention.
The BJP MLAs were demanding suspension of Question
Hour to discuss allegations of corruption and financial
irregularities in Commonwealth Games projects.
Disallowing the protest, the Speaker asked Assembly
Marshals to remove Ramesh Bidhuri, S C L Gupta, Kulwant
Rana and Manoj Shokeen from the House.
BSP MLA Mohammed Asif was forcefully removed from the
House after he vociferously tried to raise the issue of
increasing number of dengue cases in his Okhla constituency.
The Speaker said since he has decided to do away with
discussion under Rule 280 to facilitate a debate regarding
preparation for the Games, Asif should not insist on raising
the issue under the same.
He asked the Marshals to remove Asif from the House after
he did not heed to Shastri`s repeated pleas.
BJP MLA Karan Singh Tanwar was also evicted from the
House when he did not follow Speaker`s direction not to speak
during the discussion on Commonwealth Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!