MNC executive asked to pay Rs 15,000 a month to estranged wife
New Delhi: An executive of a
multinational firm has been ordered by a Delhi court to pay Rs
15,000 every month as maintenance to his estranged wife.
Additional Sessions Judge Rajneesh Kumar Gupta ordered
Rajiv Sharda, working as general manager of a Japanese firm to
pay alimony to his wife Pamella Sharda, endorsing a lower
"Keeping in view all the facts and circumstances of
the case, the interim maintenance of Rs 15,000 a month to the
wife cannot be said to be unreasonable or excessive," ASJ
Gupta said, dismissing Vikas Puri resident Rajiv`s appeal
against the trial court`s order.
Rajiv and Pamella had got married on January 18, 1981
and lived happily for next 16 years till April 2007, when
Pamella said Rajiv and his mother began harassing her, forcing
her to leave them.
Pamella moved a magisterial court under Section 125 of
Criminal Procedure Code for maintenance, saying he had
sufficient means as he was working as a top executive of a
Japanese company, having a salary of over Rs one lakh.
Rajiv, however, denied he got that much of salary. But
the magisterial court, on the basis of his firm`s certificate
showing his salary as Rs 60,000 in 2008 asked him to pay Rs
15,000 as maintenance.
Rajiv approached the Sessions court challenging the
magistrate`s order, saying it was Pamella who always tried to
hurl allegations against him and he was not earning Rs 1 lakh.
"The revision petition is without any merits," the
court said while dismissing Rajiv`s plea, adding, there was no
infirmity in the magistrate`s order passed on June 25, 2010.
Rajiv also said that Pamella was working with Dass
Studio in Connaught Place here, having a salary of over Rs
20,000 a month, besides giving tuitions to students, but he
failed to prove that she was working.
The court said that there was nothing on record to
show that Pamella has sufficient means to maintain herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad