MNC executive murdered in busy Karol Bagh area
New Delhi: A 26-year-old woman working for a multinational company was stabbed to death allegedly by a man in busy Karol Bagh area of Central Delhi.
Simranjeet Kaur, who worked at the company in Noida, was attacked and killed by the man last evening while she was going to her aunt`s place in Karol Bagh, police said on Saturday.
The knife used by the attacker was recovered from the spot, they said.
As Kaur was near to her aunt`s house, the suspect who was following her, accosted her. He stabbed her once in the arm and then in the chest. She was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was declared brought dead, said police.
"A CCTV camera installed in the street shows a scooter first coming into the frame and then taking a U-turn, and then appears Simranjeet and a suspect who follows her. The actual stabbing takes place out of the camera`s frame but people running to save her after she is stabbed is recorded in the CCTV," said a police official.
"Although, only one man is seen following the victim, the possibility of more people being involved in the case cannot be denied. It is possible that the man seen on the scooter had been there to do recce," he said.
"It is an unfortunate incident. We have registered a case and taken up investigation. We are sure of working out the case soon," said Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi.
Kaur`s laptop was there with her, police is keeping open both the murder and robbery angle open in the case and thoroughly probing all the possibilities.
Investigators have also checked the CCTV footage of the metro stations whether she was being followed from Noida or somewhere midway.
Kaur had married more than a year ago and was reportedly pregnant. Her husband too works in Noida in an MNC. They lived in Nanakpura area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!