Mob on rampage after girl`s death in road accident
Greater Noida: A mob pelted stones on police and set ablaze a car on Thursday after a girl was killed in a road accident here, forcing the cops to resort to lathi-charge them.
The victim, a class XI student, was on her way to college in an auto which turned turtle after being rammed by the speeding car, police said.
While Neelam died on the spot, three other passengers including the car driver sustained injuries and were admitted to the hospital, they said.
Enraged over the accident, local villagers blocked the traffic by keeping the victim`s body on the road and set ablaze the vehicle involved in the accident, besides damaging over half a dozen other vehicles.
Police resorted to mild lathi-charge after which the crowd was dispersed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'