Mob on rampage after girl`s death in road accident
Greater Noida: A mob pelted stones on police and set ablaze a car on Thursday after a girl was killed in a road accident here, forcing the cops to resort to lathi-charge them.
The victim, a class XI student, was on her way to college in an auto which turned turtle after being rammed by the speeding car, police said.
While Neelam died on the spot, three other passengers including the car driver sustained injuries and were admitted to the hospital, they said.
Enraged over the accident, local villagers blocked the traffic by keeping the victim`s body on the road and set ablaze the vehicle involved in the accident, besides damaging over half a dozen other vehicles.
Police resorted to mild lathi-charge after which the crowd was dispersed, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'