Mob on rampage after girl`s death in road accident
Greater Noida: A mob pelted stones on police and set ablaze a car on Thursday after a girl was killed in a road accident here, forcing the cops to resort to lathi-charge them.
The victim, a class XI student, was on her way to college in an auto which turned turtle after being rammed by the speeding car, police said.
While Neelam died on the spot, three other passengers including the car driver sustained injuries and were admitted to the hospital, they said.
Enraged over the accident, local villagers blocked the traffic by keeping the victim`s body on the road and set ablaze the vehicle involved in the accident, besides damaging over half a dozen other vehicles.
Police resorted to mild lathi-charge after which the crowd was dispersed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed