Mob torches Karkardooma Metro station in Delhi
New Delhi: Angry at the alleged police inaction over the murder of a villager, a mob set fire to a banquet hall under the Karkardooma Metro station in east Delhi, leading to disruption in Delhi Metro services for two hours, police said.
"Around 20 fire tenders were sent to the spot and the fire has been doused," said a fire official.
"The incident occurred around 3.30 pm when a group of people appeared at the Metro station and started pelting stones and set the Red Carpet banquet hall on fire," said a police official.
"Metro services on the Yamuna Bank-Vaishali section were suspended for two hours till 6.20 pm," a Delhi Metro official told IANS.
"Trains are not stopping at the Karkardooma station for security measures," he added.
The mob was from a village in Karkardooma where a man was murdered Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron