Mob torches Karkardooma Metro station in Delhi
New Delhi: Angry at the alleged police inaction over the murder of a villager, a mob set fire to a banquet hall under the Karkardooma Metro station in east Delhi, leading to disruption in Delhi Metro services for two hours, police said.
"Around 20 fire tenders were sent to the spot and the fire has been doused," said a fire official.
"The incident occurred around 3.30 pm when a group of people appeared at the Metro station and started pelting stones and set the Red Carpet banquet hall on fire," said a police official.
"Metro services on the Yamuna Bank-Vaishali section were suspended for two hours till 6.20 pm," a Delhi Metro official told IANS.
"Trains are not stopping at the Karkardooma station for security measures," he added.
The mob was from a village in Karkardooma where a man was murdered Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead