Mob torches Karkardooma Metro station in Delhi
New Delhi: Angry at the alleged police inaction over the murder of a villager, a mob set fire to a banquet hall under the Karkardooma Metro station in east Delhi, leading to disruption in Delhi Metro services for two hours, police said.
"Around 20 fire tenders were sent to the spot and the fire has been doused," said a fire official.
"The incident occurred around 3.30 pm when a group of people appeared at the Metro station and started pelting stones and set the Red Carpet banquet hall on fire," said a police official.
"Metro services on the Yamuna Bank-Vaishali section were suspended for two hours till 6.20 pm," a Delhi Metro official told IANS.
"Trains are not stopping at the Karkardooma station for security measures," he added.
The mob was from a village in Karkardooma where a man was murdered Friday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India