Mob torches Karkardooma Metro station in Delhi
New Delhi: Angry at the alleged police inaction over the murder of a villager, a mob set fire to a banquet hall under the Karkardooma Metro station in east Delhi, leading to disruption in Delhi Metro services for two hours, police said.
"Around 20 fire tenders were sent to the spot and the fire has been doused," said a fire official.
"The incident occurred around 3.30 pm when a group of people appeared at the Metro station and started pelting stones and set the Red Carpet banquet hall on fire," said a police official.
"Metro services on the Yamuna Bank-Vaishali section were suspended for two hours till 6.20 pm," a Delhi Metro official told IANS.
"Trains are not stopping at the Karkardooma station for security measures," he added.
The mob was from a village in Karkardooma where a man was murdered Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details