Mock drill at India Gate, Supreme Court building
New Delhi: A mock security drill was
conducted at two vital installations in central Delhi on Sunday to
check the preparedness of security agencies in dealing with
The drill was conducted this morning by Delhi Police at
the tourist hot spot India Gate and the Supreme Court building
in the heart of the capital.
A security alarm was raised when an "unidentified bag"
was found at the India Gate, and policemen and bomb disposal
teams were rushed to the spot, an official said.
Meanwhile at the Supreme Court, security personnel
simulated a scenario of a cross firing at the outer gate of
Delhi Police and other security agencies conduct such
mock exercises on a routine basis to check their preparedness
in case of possible terror strikes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested