`Modi Cafe` in college campuses to woo youths
New Delhi: To encourage youths to support Narendra Modi, BJP`s youth wing has selected 10,220 "campus ambassadors" who will start `Modi Cafe` in their respective colleges across the country to seek votes for the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha said it has reached out to private institutions where little political activities happen.
"The college ambassadors are drawn from 2,730 academic institutions among 537 districts across the country," it said in a statement.
"These campus ambassadors will start `Modi Cafe` by February 10 in their own campuses where discussions will be conducted about Modi`s agenda and policies," it said.
BJYM president Anurag Thakur said the programme is getting a good response from even those states where BJP is not strong and asserted that the party will see positive results from there as well.
"2,130 such ambassadors have been chosen in Uttar Pradesh colleges, followed by 1001 - Gujarat, 976 - Haryana, 766 - Maharashtra, 234 - West Bengal and 350 in Andhra Pradesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...