`Modi Cafe` in college campuses to woo youths
New Delhi: To encourage youths to support Narendra Modi, BJP`s youth wing has selected 10,220 "campus ambassadors" who will start `Modi Cafe` in their respective colleges across the country to seek votes for the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate.
Bhartiya Janta Yuva Morcha said it has reached out to private institutions where little political activities happen.
"The college ambassadors are drawn from 2,730 academic institutions among 537 districts across the country," it said in a statement.
"These campus ambassadors will start `Modi Cafe` by February 10 in their own campuses where discussions will be conducted about Modi`s agenda and policies," it said.
BJYM president Anurag Thakur said the programme is getting a good response from even those states where BJP is not strong and asserted that the party will see positive results from there as well.
"2,130 such ambassadors have been chosen in Uttar Pradesh colleges, followed by 1001 - Gujarat, 976 - Haryana, 766 - Maharashtra, 234 - West Bengal and 350 in Andhra Pradesh," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 10th X Results 2016 CBSE Board: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in 10th X class exam result 2016 CBSE Board to be announced soon
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report