Modi holds one-on-one meeting with Advani
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Thursday held a one-on-one meeting with senior BJP leader L K Advani, with whom he is not on the best of terms since the party patriarch opposed his elevation as poll campaign head.
Soon after the BJP Parliamentary Board meeting at the party headquarters here, Modi drove to Advani`s residence and held an hour-long meeting with him.
Incidentally, the two leaders were seated next to each other at the head of the table during the Parliamentary Board meeting. However, their interaction was limited, sources said.
Modi appears to be following RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat`s directions that all senior leaders should be taken along in decision making and finalisation of the strategy and plans for the forthcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Advani has been unhappy with the developments in the party. He was opposed to Modi`s elevation- which was announced at BJP`s conclave in Goa in Advani`s absence. He had resigned in protest but withdrew his resignation at Bhagwat`s behest.
Since then Advani has not opposed Modi`s moves on party issues overtly.
Modi met Bhagwat on July 16 while Advani had visited Nagpur to meet the RSS chief in the first week of this month.
Modi also called on former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee today.
The Gujarat chief minister had two surprise visitors today. BJP vice-president Uma Bharti and former Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi met him in Gujarat Bhawan.
While Bharti was reportedly opposed to Modi`s elevation and kept away from the Goa meet, Sushil Modi was at one point considered very close to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. Bharti had soon given up her opposition while Sushil Modi has attacked Kumar strongly and hit out at him since the JD-U walked out of the NDA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened