Modi, Jaitley trying to destabilise Kejriwal govt but we have no proof: AAP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) launched a frontal attack on the BJP on Monday and alleged that Narendra Modi, Arun Jaitley and Harsh Vardhan are conspiring to destabilise the Arvind Kejriwal-led government.
Ironically, the AAP, which had refused to take action against its members citing lack of evidence, said it had no evidence to substantiate its claims on the role being played by the top leadership of the BJP.
Leading the charge was AAP MLA from Kasturba Nagar, Madan Lal. He alleged that he was approached multiple times with offers of money and position to make him break away from the AAP resulting in the fall of the government.
Addressing a press conference at the Constitution Club, Lal said he was first approached on the intervening night of December 7-8 when he received a call from an international location. The caller offered to fix a meeting with Arun Jaitley the next morning, Lal said, adding, the call was routed in such a manner that he could not call back.
“I said shut up (to the caller),” Lal said.
After the results were declared, a advocate approached me with a similar offer, Lal added.
“Then ten days back two people came to me. One of them said he was from Gujarat. He said that he will help me to form a new party and that I can become the chief minister and others (who join the rebellion) can become cabinet minister,” Lal said.
“He said I will get Rs 20 crore and others will get Rs 10 crore. I had informed the party about it other party leaders told me,” he said. Lal said he was revealing the truth now as his name is doing the rounds in the media that he is in talks with AAP rebel Vinod Kumar Binny to pull down the government.
Binny along with two other MLAs Rambeer Singh and Shoaib Iqbal had yesterday held a press conference and said that they will withdraw their support to the government if Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal did not fulfil its promises in 48 hours.
When probed by a reporter on whether he had any proof to substantiate the serious allegations made by him against BJP leaders, Lal replied in the negative.
“Proof is needed to file a case in court but I don`t want to do it, I only wanted to expose the truth,” he said.
The MLA added that he has no interest in joining any political party and stressed that there is no leader like Arvind Kejriwal in the country.
Senior AAP leaders Sanjay Singh and Ashutosh were also present at the press conference.
Singh said the Arun Jaitley, Harsh Vardhan and some other leaders are working to ensure the downfall of AAP government.
“Arun Jaitely with help of his friends in the media will try to defame the government, he is part of the conspiracy, Singh said.
He announced that AAP will launch a campaign to expose both the BJP and the Congress.
“The AAP government has decided that we will expose them. We will launch a Pol Khol campaign against them from tomorrow,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'