Modi remembers Syama Prasad Mookerjee
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi here Sunday paid tributes to Syama Prasad Mookerjee, the founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of the Bharatiya Janata Party, on his birth anniversary.
He tweeted, "Tributes to our inspiration, Dr.Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his birth anniversary. His contribution to our nation is invaluable."
In another tweet, Modi said, "If there was something that mattered most to Dr. Mookerjee it was serving the people. He always spoke about education for the youth."
Modi appealed to people to work for realising the dreams of Mookerjee, whose 113th birth anniversary is being celebrated at the BJP headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened