Modi remembers Syama Prasad Mookerjee
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi here Sunday paid tributes to Syama Prasad Mookerjee, the founder of Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of the Bharatiya Janata Party, on his birth anniversary.
He tweeted, "Tributes to our inspiration, Dr.Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his birth anniversary. His contribution to our nation is invaluable."
In another tweet, Modi said, "If there was something that mattered most to Dr. Mookerjee it was serving the people. He always spoke about education for the youth."
Modi appealed to people to work for realising the dreams of Mookerjee, whose 113th birth anniversary is being celebrated at the BJP headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands