Monsoon back in Delhi, waterlogging and traffic jams too
New Delhi: Rains returned to the capital
after a gap of five days, drenching Delhiites and bringing
waterlogging and traffic snarls back to the city today.
The city received a total of 42.6 mm of rains from last
night, with 28.2 mm of the showers reported between 8:30 am
and 5:30 pm today.
With this, the MeT Department said, the capital has
received 212.6 mm of rains in the past 15 days after the
South-West monsoon hit the capital on July five.
The rains also brought the mercury down to a comfortable
30 degree Celsius, five degrees below normal, while the
minimum was recorded at 25.6 degree Celsius, one degree below
The humidity was at a high of 98 per cent while the
minimum was at 79 per cent.
The weatherman has predicted generally cloudy sky with
one or two spells of rains or thundershowers for tomorrow. The
temperature is likely to oscillate between 25 and 32 degree
The rain also brought with it waterlogging and subsequent
traffic jams in the city.
MCD Control Rooms received 111 complaints of
waterlogging, 17 complaints of falling of trees or branches
and three complaints of falling of building parts.
Traffic was affected in many parts of the city due to
waterlogging and vehicles developing technical problems.
Vehicular movement was affected in Moti Bagh, Dwarka,
Rajouri Garden, North Campus, Punjabi Bagh, Wazirabad,
Mahipalpur, Raja Garden, Aurobindo Marg, Shastri Park, Vikas
Marg, Peetampura and Madhuban Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India