Monsoon back in Delhi, waterlogging and traffic jams too
New Delhi: Rains returned to the capital
after a gap of five days, drenching Delhiites and bringing
waterlogging and traffic snarls back to the city today.
The city received a total of 42.6 mm of rains from last
night, with 28.2 mm of the showers reported between 8:30 am
and 5:30 pm today.
With this, the MeT Department said, the capital has
received 212.6 mm of rains in the past 15 days after the
South-West monsoon hit the capital on July five.
The rains also brought the mercury down to a comfortable
30 degree Celsius, five degrees below normal, while the
minimum was recorded at 25.6 degree Celsius, one degree below
The humidity was at a high of 98 per cent while the
minimum was at 79 per cent.
The weatherman has predicted generally cloudy sky with
one or two spells of rains or thundershowers for tomorrow. The
temperature is likely to oscillate between 25 and 32 degree
The rain also brought with it waterlogging and subsequent
traffic jams in the city.
MCD Control Rooms received 111 complaints of
waterlogging, 17 complaints of falling of trees or branches
and three complaints of falling of building parts.
Traffic was affected in many parts of the city due to
waterlogging and vehicles developing technical problems.
Vehicular movement was affected in Moti Bagh, Dwarka,
Rajouri Garden, North Campus, Punjabi Bagh, Wazirabad,
Mahipalpur, Raja Garden, Aurobindo Marg, Shastri Park, Vikas
Marg, Peetampura and Madhuban Chowk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter
- Shraddha Kapoor sought to judge music reality TV show?
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir