Monsoon revival likely by Tuesday, rains to hit Delhi: IMD
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Monsoon is expected to revive in parts of northwest and central India on Tuesday with rains bringing respite to people from heat and humidity.
According to news reports, Indian Meteorological Department has predicted revival of monsoon for the national capital and parts of north India from July 15 which is expected to receive good amount of rainfall, a news report stated.
The IMD had earlier said that pressure in Bay of Bengal has affected monsoon and that humidity will continue till July 14.
Until now, central India has received 137.6 mm of rainfall as against normal precipitation of 303.3 mm.
Northwest India, another region that witnessed high deficiency of rainfall in June, has recorded 73.1 mm of rainfall as against normal precipitation of 156.5 mm.
"Activity is shifting towards central India and some parts of northwest plains. Conditions are favorable for further advance of southwest monsoon into remaining parts of west Madhya Pradesh, many more parts of Gujarat, east Rajasthan and some more parts of west Rajasthan," the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) had said on Sunday.
The agency further said that it is expected to be rainy for the next 48 hours due to a weather system (low pressure) which is seen extending from east Madhya Pradesh up to Odisha coast.
Rain in central India is also expected to increase further in the next 48 hours, becoming fairly widespread with some isolated heavy showers likely in Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha and Chhattisgarh.
(With PTI Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof