Monsoon takes a break in N India; weather muggy
New Delhi: Monsoon continued to play
truant in north India as rains eluded most parts of the region
for the second consecutive day on Wednesday, including the national
Conditions at most places were sultry due to high day
temperatures coupled with soaring humidity, making life
uncomfortable for people.
Humidity between 60 and 88 per cent and the mercury at
above-normal levels troubled Delhiites even as the national
capital received light drizzles at some places.
The maximum temperature was recorded at 36.4 degree
Celsius as against yesterday`s 35.5 degrees and minimum at
28.2 degrees as against 26.7 degrees. Both the maximum and
minimum were one degree above normal.
With little rain in Uttar Pradesh, water levels of all
the major rivers were receding though Yamuna, Sharda and
Ghaghra were flowing near the danger mark at some places.
In the past 24 hours, Bareilly recorded 6 cm rainfall
while Mahrauni and Badau had 5 cm rainfall each, Jhansi, Gonda
had 4 cm each.
Most parts of Uttarakhand witnessed a dry day as the
rains were reported from a few places only.
Light rains occurred in some areas in Rajasthan with
Kota and Churu recording 1 mm and 0.5 mm rainfall
With monsoon eluding most parts of the plains of
Punjab and Haryana, the maximum temperature rose by up to two
degrees Celsius in the region, making the weather clammy, the
Met office said.
Hisar continued to be the hottest place in the region
recording a high of 38.5 degrees C, one notch above normal
while Chandigarh had a high of 35.8 degrees, one notch above
Warm and soggy conditions prevailed in the region with
humidity levels ranging between 60 and 85 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand