Moradabad-Delhi passenger train engine catches fire
Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in the engine of a Moradabad-Delhi (MD) passenger train in Sahibabad area here on Friday, a senior fire department official said.
Driver Harvinder Singh after spotting the fire in the engine of 2 MD passenger train stopped it at Sahibabad railway station, Fire officer Mukesh Kumar said.
No one was injured and all passengers got down safely at Shahibabad station, he said.
According to the fire official, the issue was brought to their knowledge by the railway authorities around 10:30 am.
Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire, he said, adding around two hours later a replacement engine arrived and the train resumed its journey to Moradabad.
Sources said the railways has ordered an inquiry to probe the reason behind the fire.
The movement of various trains on the Delhi-Howrah route remained disrupted due to this incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender