Moradabad-Delhi passenger train engine catches fire
Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in the engine of a Moradabad-Delhi (MD) passenger train in Sahibabad area here on Friday, a senior fire department official said.
Driver Harvinder Singh after spotting the fire in the engine of 2 MD passenger train stopped it at Sahibabad railway station, Fire officer Mukesh Kumar said.
No one was injured and all passengers got down safely at Shahibabad station, he said.
According to the fire official, the issue was brought to their knowledge by the railway authorities around 10:30 am.
Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire, he said, adding around two hours later a replacement engine arrived and the train resumed its journey to Moradabad.
Sources said the railways has ordered an inquiry to probe the reason behind the fire.
The movement of various trains on the Delhi-Howrah route remained disrupted due to this incident, they said.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?