Moradabad-Delhi passenger train engine catches fire
Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in the engine of a Moradabad-Delhi (MD) passenger train in Sahibabad area here on Friday, a senior fire department official said.
Driver Harvinder Singh after spotting the fire in the engine of 2 MD passenger train stopped it at Sahibabad railway station, Fire officer Mukesh Kumar said.
No one was injured and all passengers got down safely at Shahibabad station, he said.
According to the fire official, the issue was brought to their knowledge by the railway authorities around 10:30 am.
Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire, he said, adding around two hours later a replacement engine arrived and the train resumed its journey to Moradabad.
Sources said the railways has ordered an inquiry to probe the reason behind the fire.
The movement of various trains on the Delhi-Howrah route remained disrupted due to this incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31