Moradabad-Delhi passenger train engine catches fire
Ghaziabad: A fire broke out in the engine of a Moradabad-Delhi (MD) passenger train in Sahibabad area here on Friday, a senior fire department official said.
Driver Harvinder Singh after spotting the fire in the engine of 2 MD passenger train stopped it at Sahibabad railway station, Fire officer Mukesh Kumar said.
No one was injured and all passengers got down safely at Shahibabad station, he said.
According to the fire official, the issue was brought to their knowledge by the railway authorities around 10:30 am.
Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot to douse the fire, he said, adding around two hours later a replacement engine arrived and the train resumed its journey to Moradabad.
Sources said the railways has ordered an inquiry to probe the reason behind the fire.
The movement of various trains on the Delhi-Howrah route remained disrupted due to this incident, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site