Moral Police on Valentine Day to land in trouble: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Couples celebrating Valentine`s Day this Sunday need not worry about `moral police` going after them in the city.
Delhi Police will deploy adequate number of police personnel on streets to ensure that the celebrations go without any trouble.
"We are not for moral policing in the city. We will
not allow anyone to take law in their hands. Strict action
will be taken against troublemakers on Valentine`s Day," a
senior police official said.
Policemen will be on streets to ensure that there is
no violence and harassment of couples on Sunday, the official
Last year, the Valentine`s Day celebrations were
peaceful here with police taking adequate steps.
Four people were kept under preventive arrest on
February 14 last year while another 48 were kept under
detention for holding anti-Valentine`s Day protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui