Moral Police on Valentine Day to land in trouble: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Couples celebrating Valentine`s Day this Sunday need not worry about `moral police` going after them in the city.
Delhi Police will deploy adequate number of police personnel on streets to ensure that the celebrations go without any trouble.
"We are not for moral policing in the city. We will
not allow anyone to take law in their hands. Strict action
will be taken against troublemakers on Valentine`s Day," a
senior police official said.
Policemen will be on streets to ensure that there is
no violence and harassment of couples on Sunday, the official
Last year, the Valentine`s Day celebrations were
peaceful here with police taking adequate steps.
Four people were kept under preventive arrest on
February 14 last year while another 48 were kept under
detention for holding anti-Valentine`s Day protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city