Moral Police on Valentine Day to land in trouble: Delhi Police
New Delhi: Couples celebrating Valentine`s Day this Sunday need not worry about `moral police` going after them in the city.
Delhi Police will deploy adequate number of police personnel on streets to ensure that the celebrations go without any trouble.
"We are not for moral policing in the city. We will
not allow anyone to take law in their hands. Strict action
will be taken against troublemakers on Valentine`s Day," a
senior police official said.
Policemen will be on streets to ensure that there is
no violence and harassment of couples on Sunday, the official
Last year, the Valentine`s Day celebrations were
peaceful here with police taking adequate steps.
Four people were kept under preventive arrest on
February 14 last year while another 48 were kept under
detention for holding anti-Valentine`s Day protests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs