More communities added to SC list
New Delhi: The government on Thursday decided to
include some communities in the list of Scheduled Castes in
Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Tripura.
In Kerala, Pulluvan and Thachar communities will be
included in the list of Scheduled Caste, an official release
The carpenters in the Thachar community will not be
included in the SC list.
The Dahiya community of Madhya Pradesh and Amata, Amath,
Bajia, Jaggili, Jagli and Buna Pano communities of Odisha will
also be included in the SC list.
In Tripura, Chamar Rohidas, Chamar Ravidas, Dhobi and
Jhalo-Malo communities will be included in the list.
The Majhi (Nepali) community in Sikkim will be excluded
from the SC list, the release said.
The Union Cabinet, at a meeting chaired by Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh, approved the proposal to introduce a Bill in
Parliament in this regard, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal said.
After the Bill becomes an Act, members of the communities
included in the SC list will be able to derive benefits meant
for Scheduled Castes under the existing schemes.
Some schemes of this kind include Post-Matric
Scholarship, National Overseas Scholarship, Rajiv Gandhi
National Fellowship, concessional loans from national
Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation, hostels
for SC boys and girls.
For more news in Malayalam, click www.zeemalayalam.com
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'