Mosque demolition; DDA offers plot to society to build another
New Delhi: The Wakf Board on Monday told the
Delhi High Court that the trust, running the alleged illegal
mosque which was later razed, has been offered a piece of land
by DDA to construct another place of worship.
The land developing agency has offered the `Noor
Charitable Society`, which used to run the mosque, a piece of
land, measuring 400 square meters, the counsel for the Delhi
Wakf Board told a bench of Justice G S Sistani.
The court, which is hearing a contempt petition filed by
the Jangpura Residents Welfare Association (JRWA) against DDA
for not re-claiming its land after demolishing the mosque, has
posted the matter for further hearing on August 4.
The Wakf Board said DDA has demanded Rs 91 lakh for the
plot, which is on the higher side.
Earlier, DDA, which razed the mosque to protect itself
from being prosecuted for contempt, said it was willing to
offer an alternative plot for re-construction of the mosque
for an amicable settlement of the dispute.
Justice Sistani had asked DDA to reclaim its land by
constructing a boundary wall on the site where the illegal
mosque was razed in pursuance of the Delhi High Court`s order.
The court, however, had allowed 10 members of the
community to offer `namaz` for two months at the site till a
solution was arrived at by the parties concerned.
"DDA will complete the construction of boundary wall (at
the site where illegal mosque was demolished) and leave a gate
of 2.5 feet to allow 10 persons of the community, whose names
would be furnished to DDA and police, to offer `namaz` for a
period of two months...," Justice Sistani had said.
On January 12, DDA demolished the structure and later
sought dropping of the contempt proceedings in the High Court
after "an unqualified apology" for its failure to reclaim the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks