Mother-in-law of Delhi rape accused says he should be hanged
Muzaffarpur: Mother-in-law of Manoj Kumar, who was arrested for allegedly raping a five-year-old girl in Delhi, today said he should be hanged for the "bestial act", while his wife sought stringent punishment for him if the charge was true.
"He (Manoj) should be hanged for the bestial act," the 22-year-old youth`s mother-in-law Nirmala Devi said.
Manoj Kumar was arrested by a Delhi Police team with the help of district police from his in-law`s house in Chiknouta village in Muzaffarpur, about 50 km from Patna, late Friday night.
The youth`s wife Archana Devi, who is in deep shock over the incident, said if the charge was true, her husband should be given stringent punishment.
Archana and Manoj had a love marriage at Suga temple here a year ago. His father-in-law Bindeshwar Sah is in a state of shock and did not open his betel shop near Chandni market here since yesterday.
People of Chiknouta under Aurai police station, about 10 km from the district headquarter, were fuming.
Many of them said Manoj should have been killed in the village itself for "insulting us".
Manoj Kumar`s native Bharthua Panchayat in the same district has taken a decision to socially boycott the family.
His father, who runs a juice shop in Delhi, had migrated to the national capital around a decade ago while his grandfather and grandmother continue to live there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj