Mother-in-law of Delhi rape accused says he should be hanged
Muzaffarpur: Mother-in-law of Manoj Kumar, who was arrested for allegedly raping a five-year-old girl in Delhi, today said he should be hanged for the "bestial act", while his wife sought stringent punishment for him if the charge was true.
"He (Manoj) should be hanged for the bestial act," the 22-year-old youth`s mother-in-law Nirmala Devi said.
Manoj Kumar was arrested by a Delhi Police team with the help of district police from his in-law`s house in Chiknouta village in Muzaffarpur, about 50 km from Patna, late Friday night.
The youth`s wife Archana Devi, who is in deep shock over the incident, said if the charge was true, her husband should be given stringent punishment.
Archana and Manoj had a love marriage at Suga temple here a year ago. His father-in-law Bindeshwar Sah is in a state of shock and did not open his betel shop near Chandni market here since yesterday.
People of Chiknouta under Aurai police station, about 10 km from the district headquarter, were fuming.
Many of them said Manoj should have been killed in the village itself for "insulting us".
Manoj Kumar`s native Bharthua Panchayat in the same district has taken a decision to socially boycott the family.
His father, who runs a juice shop in Delhi, had migrated to the national capital around a decade ago while his grandfather and grandmother continue to live there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional