Mother of Talwars` lawyer found murdered in house
New Delhi: The mother of a lawyer who
appears for Rajesh Talwar and his wife Nupur, accused in
Aarushi murder case, was on Tuesday found strangled in her East
Delhi residence and the police suspected robbery could be the
motive behind the crime.
Anna Mammen (85), the mother of lawyer Rebbeca Mammen
John who is appearing for the Talwar family in the case, was
found strangulated in her residence in Vivek Vihar at around
4:30 pm, a senior Delhi Police official said.
She was alone at home when the assailants entered the
house and attacked her, the official said. She was a retired
teacher and was giving tuitions at her home.
Mammen was taken to a nearby hospital where she was
declared brought dead, he said.
The incident came to light when a security guard noticed
that the back door of Mammen`s house was open. He alerted her
tenants who were staying on the first floor.
"They entered the house and found that she was
strangulated," the official said.
Investigators suspect it to be a case of robbery-cum-
murder citing that some articles were found missing from the
"She might have resisted the robbery attempt, which led
to the murder. However, we are not sure about this. We are
investigating all angles," the official said.
Her two sons had left for Australia and the United
Neighbours recalled the woman as a "friendly and nice"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves