MP tableau to showcase `Bagh` prints on Republic Day parade
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh will exhibit
`Bagh` prints, one of the most ancient traditions of wooden
block printings on clothes, through its tableau during the
Republic Day parade here.
Besides, it will also have a huge `Shal Bhanjika`
depicting celestial beauty of the 11th century draped in
Bagh, which lends its name to the Bagh prints, is a small
tribal town in Dhar district of the state.
"Weaving and block printing traditions goes back to
centuries... The use of colours red and black create a
wondrous effect, which is impossible to get anywhere else.
"This is possible only because of chemical properties of
the area. Geometric designs and imaginative use of colours
give Bagh prints a distinct identity," an official release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'