MP tableau to showcase `Bagh` prints on Republic Day parade
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh will exhibit
`Bagh` prints, one of the most ancient traditions of wooden
block printings on clothes, through its tableau during the
Republic Day parade here.
Besides, it will also have a huge `Shal Bhanjika`
depicting celestial beauty of the 11th century draped in
Bagh, which lends its name to the Bagh prints, is a small
tribal town in Dhar district of the state.
"Weaving and block printing traditions goes back to
centuries... The use of colours red and black create a
wondrous effect, which is impossible to get anywhere else.
"This is possible only because of chemical properties of
the area. Geometric designs and imaginative use of colours
give Bagh prints a distinct identity," an official release
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says