Mudrika bus service for West Delhi launched
New Delhi: The much-awaited Mudrika or
circular route bus service for West Delhi connecting a number
of residential areas over 35 kms, was launched by transport
minister Arvinder Singh on Monday.
The DTC will initially provide 20 buses on this
stretch though the number would be increased later as per the
requirement of the area.
The Mudrika bus service that would run over a total
route length of 35 kms will also cover 13 metro stations over
its route in running time of 120 minutes, the DTC said.
The minister said the West Mudrika Service would
provide comfortable journey and better connectivity to
passengers of West Delhi.
He said 20 buses, including AC and non-AC low floor
buses would operate on this service in both the circular
directions and would cater the transportation need of all
sectors of the Dwarka sub city.
The service would run through DPS Matiala, a number of
sectors in Dwarka, Netaji Subhash Institute, Uttam Nagar,
Tilak Nagar, Raja Garden, Ramesh Nagar, Moti Nagar, Shadipur
depot, Naraina depot, Ring Road, Maya Puri depot, Janak Puri
D-Block, Pankha Road, and Nallah road, among other areas.
Besides the West Deli Mudrika Service, the minister
also flagged off a new DTC bus service for North East District
from Madanpur Khadar to Anand Vihar.
He said it would benefit the commuters of the North
East District as there was no bus service on this route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video