Mudrika bus service for West Delhi launched
New Delhi: The much-awaited Mudrika or
circular route bus service for West Delhi connecting a number
of residential areas over 35 kms, was launched by transport
minister Arvinder Singh on Monday.
The DTC will initially provide 20 buses on this
stretch though the number would be increased later as per the
requirement of the area.
The Mudrika bus service that would run over a total
route length of 35 kms will also cover 13 metro stations over
its route in running time of 120 minutes, the DTC said.
The minister said the West Mudrika Service would
provide comfortable journey and better connectivity to
passengers of West Delhi.
He said 20 buses, including AC and non-AC low floor
buses would operate on this service in both the circular
directions and would cater the transportation need of all
sectors of the Dwarka sub city.
The service would run through DPS Matiala, a number of
sectors in Dwarka, Netaji Subhash Institute, Uttam Nagar,
Tilak Nagar, Raja Garden, Ramesh Nagar, Moti Nagar, Shadipur
depot, Naraina depot, Ring Road, Maya Puri depot, Janak Puri
D-Block, Pankha Road, and Nallah road, among other areas.
Besides the West Deli Mudrika Service, the minister
also flagged off a new DTC bus service for North East District
from Madanpur Khadar to Anand Vihar.
He said it would benefit the commuters of the North
East District as there was no bus service on this route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow