Mudrika bus service for West Delhi launched
New Delhi: The much-awaited Mudrika or
circular route bus service for West Delhi connecting a number
of residential areas over 35 kms, was launched by transport
minister Arvinder Singh on Monday.
The DTC will initially provide 20 buses on this
stretch though the number would be increased later as per the
requirement of the area.
The Mudrika bus service that would run over a total
route length of 35 kms will also cover 13 metro stations over
its route in running time of 120 minutes, the DTC said.
The minister said the West Mudrika Service would
provide comfortable journey and better connectivity to
passengers of West Delhi.
He said 20 buses, including AC and non-AC low floor
buses would operate on this service in both the circular
directions and would cater the transportation need of all
sectors of the Dwarka sub city.
The service would run through DPS Matiala, a number of
sectors in Dwarka, Netaji Subhash Institute, Uttam Nagar,
Tilak Nagar, Raja Garden, Ramesh Nagar, Moti Nagar, Shadipur
depot, Naraina depot, Ring Road, Maya Puri depot, Janak Puri
D-Block, Pankha Road, and Nallah road, among other areas.
Besides the West Deli Mudrika Service, the minister
also flagged off a new DTC bus service for North East District
from Madanpur Khadar to Anand Vihar.
He said it would benefit the commuters of the North
East District as there was no bus service on this route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors