Mudrika bus service for West Delhi launched
New Delhi: The much-awaited Mudrika or
circular route bus service for West Delhi connecting a number
of residential areas over 35 kms, was launched by transport
minister Arvinder Singh on Monday.
The DTC will initially provide 20 buses on this
stretch though the number would be increased later as per the
requirement of the area.
The Mudrika bus service that would run over a total
route length of 35 kms will also cover 13 metro stations over
its route in running time of 120 minutes, the DTC said.
The minister said the West Mudrika Service would
provide comfortable journey and better connectivity to
passengers of West Delhi.
He said 20 buses, including AC and non-AC low floor
buses would operate on this service in both the circular
directions and would cater the transportation need of all
sectors of the Dwarka sub city.
The service would run through DPS Matiala, a number of
sectors in Dwarka, Netaji Subhash Institute, Uttam Nagar,
Tilak Nagar, Raja Garden, Ramesh Nagar, Moti Nagar, Shadipur
depot, Naraina depot, Ring Road, Maya Puri depot, Janak Puri
D-Block, Pankha Road, and Nallah road, among other areas.
Besides the West Deli Mudrika Service, the minister
also flagged off a new DTC bus service for North East District
from Madanpur Khadar to Anand Vihar.
He said it would benefit the commuters of the North
East District as there was no bus service on this route.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!