Muggy morning in Delhi, rains likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a muggy Friday morning with the minimum temperature settling two notches above the season`s average at 28.8 degrees Celsius and humidity remaining above 60 percent. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will remain cloudy and some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of thundershowers," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The capital recorded 0.1 mm of rainfall till Friday morning.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 36 degrees Celsius, the IMD official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 a.m. stood at 63 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital received a total rainfall of only 134.9 mm this monsoon -- 56 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Thursday`s maximum temperature was three notches above the average at 36.9 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was a notch above the season`s average at 26.9 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident