Muggy Sunday morning in Delhi, rains likely
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to a muggy Sunday morning with the minimum temperature settling two notches above the season`s average at 28.5 degrees Celsius and humidity remaining above 60 percent. The weather office has forecast rains later in the day.
"The skies will remain partly cloudy and some parts of the city are expected to get one or two spells of rainfall or thundershowers," an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 37 degrees Celsius, the official added.
Humidity recorded at 8.30 am stood at 69 percent.
According to the IMD, the capital has received a total rainfall of only 88.6mm this monsoon -- 57 percent less than the average for the season.
Monsoon is expected to last in Delhi till Sep 20.
Friday`s maximum and minimum temperatures were 36.6 degrees Celsius and 28.6 degrees Celsius.
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments