Multi-level parking lot’s wall collapses in Delhi; labourers injured
New Delhi: A portion of a wall of an underground multi-level parking under construction collapsed in Delhi`s Chandni Chowk area early Saturday. Nine labourers were rescued but a few are still feared to be trapped inside.
"The incident happened early in the morning. The underground parking was under construction," Surendra Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police, north Delhi, said.
"Nine labourers have been rescued from the site, but one or two may still be trapped in the debris. Rescue operations are on," he added.
The parking lot is near the Parade Ground, opposite the historic Red Fort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi