Multi-level parking lot’s wall collapses in Delhi; labourers injured
New Delhi: A portion of a wall of an underground multi-level parking under construction collapsed in Delhi`s Chandni Chowk area early Saturday. Nine labourers were rescued but a few are still feared to be trapped inside.
"The incident happened early in the morning. The underground parking was under construction," Surendra Yadav, Deputy Commissioner of Police, north Delhi, said.
"Nine labourers have been rescued from the site, but one or two may still be trapped in the debris. Rescue operations are on," he added.
The parking lot is near the Parade Ground, opposite the historic Red Fort.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell