Multi-level parking projects in South Delhi held up
New Delhi: Several multi-level car parking projects in South Delhi have been delayed due to reasons ranging from delay in securing tree-felling permission to Delhi Jal Board delaying shifting its lines in the area.
Officials in South Delhi Municipal Corporation said work is going behind schedule in at least eight such parking projects following the failure of respective agencies to facilitate their implementation.
In case of parking at Subhash Nagar Block 6, there has been a physical progress of a mere 6 per cent when the date of completion as per contract agreement was in February, 2013. Now, the date has been pushed to March, 2014 with SDMC explaining that DJB is shifting its line and hence the work is held up.
As far as parking at Rajouri Garden is concerned, only 20 per cent work has been completed ostensibly on account of delay in tree-cutting permission. From March 2011, the new completion deadline has now been extended to December 2013.
At Bhogal and Subhash Nagar Block 10, parking work has been done only to the tune of 40 per cent and 56 per cent respectively. These are now expected to be completed in September 2013 and March 2014 respectively now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...