Murder accused abuses judge, hurls ink-pad at him
New Delhi: A man facing trial in a murder case on Friday abused a judge and hurled ink-pad at him during the proceedings at a Saket court here.
"The ink-pad hit the judge on his shoulder," court sources said adding the accused was agitated as the next date of hearing in the case was given after a long gap.
"A man in his 30s threw an ink-pad at Additional Sessions Judge V K Khanna who was recording evidence in the matter. The accused also abused the judge.
"He was angry over the long gap between the next date fixed by the judge," court sources said without disclosing the name of the accused.
However, he was overpowered by police personnel present inside the court room, sources added.
The judge did not order registration of an FIR against the accused in connection with the attack but directed the jail authorities to take administrative action, as per jail manual, against him.
The accused is facing trial for allegedly committing a murder four years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened