Murder accused shot at inside Rohini Court Complex
New Delhi: A murder accused was on Wednesday shot at inside a court complex here while he was being taken to the courtroom from the lock up.
According to lawyers present at the spot, Neeraj was shot in the chest by two unidentified assailants while he was being escorted by policemen to a courtroom at Rohini Court Complex here for hearing of a murder case.
Lawyers said two bullets were pumped in his chest and he has been taken to a nearby hospital.
Advocate BS Rana, who is appearing for Neeraj, said he has been facing trial for allegedly murdering a girl and he is suspected to have been shot by the family members of the deceased girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack