Murder accused shot at inside Rohini Court Complex
New Delhi: A murder accused was on Wednesday shot at inside a court complex here while he was being taken to the courtroom from the lock up.
According to lawyers present at the spot, Neeraj was shot in the chest by two unidentified assailants while he was being escorted by policemen to a courtroom at Rohini Court Complex here for hearing of a murder case.
Lawyers said two bullets were pumped in his chest and he has been taken to a nearby hospital.
Advocate BS Rana, who is appearing for Neeraj, said he has been facing trial for allegedly murdering a girl and he is suspected to have been shot by the family members of the deceased girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says