Murder accused shot at inside Rohini Court Complex
New Delhi: A murder accused was on Wednesday shot at inside a court complex here while he was being taken to the courtroom from the lock up.
According to lawyers present at the spot, Neeraj was shot in the chest by two unidentified assailants while he was being escorted by policemen to a courtroom at Rohini Court Complex here for hearing of a murder case.
Lawyers said two bullets were pumped in his chest and he has been taken to a nearby hospital.
Advocate BS Rana, who is appearing for Neeraj, said he has been facing trial for allegedly murdering a girl and he is suspected to have been shot by the family members of the deceased girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video