Murder accused shot at inside Rohini Court Complex
New Delhi: A murder accused was on Wednesday shot at inside a court complex here while he was being taken to the courtroom from the lock up.
According to lawyers present at the spot, Neeraj was shot in the chest by two unidentified assailants while he was being escorted by policemen to a courtroom at Rohini Court Complex here for hearing of a murder case.
Lawyers said two bullets were pumped in his chest and he has been taken to a nearby hospital.
Advocate BS Rana, who is appearing for Neeraj, said he has been facing trial for allegedly murdering a girl and he is suspected to have been shot by the family members of the deceased girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform
- Who is the lead actress in Salman Khan's 'Tubelight'? Here's what we know so far!