Murdered NRI student`s family accuses police of shielding his friends
New Delhi: Family of NRI student Anmol Sarna on Saturday accused the Delhi Police of shielding his four friends and framing two security guards in his murder and demanded the case be investigated by the Crime Branch.
Anmol`s mother Sushma Sarna said "I want to know what happened in that room where they were partying. My son died of head injuries and I am sure that the injuries were not caused by the guards` beating."
Anmol Sarna died on the intervening night of 13 and 14 September under mysterious circumstances after he attended a party at one of his friend`s house at South Park Apartments in Kalkaji area.
Ripika Bedi, the cousin sister of Anmol, claimed the guards were innocent and raised suspicion over the role of the PCR van.
"The security guards are innocent, they have been framed by the police. My brother suffered injuries after being thrashed by his friends," she said.
"Cops told me that they did not find evidence to charge Anmol`s friend with murder. The PCR van, which took him to hospital, is also suspicious", she claimed.
"The PCR van took 45 minutes to reach the hospital, it is highly suspicious. We demand the case be handed over to the Crime Branch," she said.
Akshay Sharma, the lawyer of the family, said it has been
mentioned in the FIR that police found blood stains at several places inside the flat number 95, which is the crime scene, but also it`s not ready to believe that he was beaten up by his friends.
"We have doubts that the local police did not make sincere efforts to collect evidence from the crime scene. They reached the spot three hours after the incident. Anmol`s postmortem report has revealed that he had three head injures and also had genital injuries. The guards hit him with sticks but only on his back not on his head," said Sharma.
So far, Surender Bali (40) and Naresh Mishra (60), guards posted at the South Park Apartments, have been arrested under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code in this case.
Sarna`s four friends, Shivang, Madhav Bhandari, Rhythm Girhotra and Pranil Shah, all in their 20s, have been arrested under section 27 of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act for consumption of the contraband drug.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Two ISIS operatives, planning to target religious places, arrested by Gujarat ATS