Mystery woman leaves abducted child at Sanjay Gandhi hospital
New Delhi: The seven-month-old child, who was abducted from Deen Dayal Updadhayay hospital a week ago, was recovered on Wednesday from Sanjay Gandhi Hospital here.
According to the police, a woman, who is suspected to be the one who abducted the boy on last Wednesday, brought the child to Sanjay Gandhi hospital this afternoon as he was suffering from dehydration.
"The suspect woman asked another woman in the hospital to look after the baby for a while and left. When she did not return back for long, hospital authorities approached us."
"As a regular exercise we checked the list of recent abducted and missing babies," said a police official.
Photographs of the baby were matched and it was found that it is the same child who was kidnapped from DDU hospital.
The boy was later handed over to his parents, police said.
The CCTV footage of the hospital showed the woman with her face covered as it was seen in the ones captured at the DDU hospital.
Efforts are on to nab the culprit, a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'