Najeeb Jung flags off first batch of Kailash Manasarovar yatra pilgrims
New Delhi: The first batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims comprising of 56 persons, was flagged off by Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung today.
The pilgrims were presented with a kit containing a track suit, rain coat, puja material and other items by Jung.
Ten pilgrims from Delhi were also handed over assistance amount of Rs 30,000.
"I wish all the yatris, undertaking this important pilgrimage, my very best wishes. I hope this journey brings peace, happiness and prosperity to you and your family members," Jung said.
The Divisional Commissioner informed that the government had extended all assistance in boarding and lodging during the stay of the yatris in the city.
Chairperson, Delhi Government Tirth Yatra Vikas Samiti, Divisional Commissioner and other senior government officers were present on this occasion.
The yatra involves trekking at high altitudes of up to 19,500 feet and is undertaken by hundreds of people every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey