Najeeb Jung flags off first batch of Kailash Manasarovar yatra pilgrims
New Delhi: The first batch of Kailash Mansarovar pilgrims comprising of 56 persons, was flagged off by Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung today.
The pilgrims were presented with a kit containing a track suit, rain coat, puja material and other items by Jung.
Ten pilgrims from Delhi were also handed over assistance amount of Rs 30,000.
"I wish all the yatris, undertaking this important pilgrimage, my very best wishes. I hope this journey brings peace, happiness and prosperity to you and your family members," Jung said.
The Divisional Commissioner informed that the government had extended all assistance in boarding and lodging during the stay of the yatris in the city.
Chairperson, Delhi Government Tirth Yatra Vikas Samiti, Divisional Commissioner and other senior government officers were present on this occasion.
The yatra involves trekking at high altitudes of up to 19,500 feet and is undertaken by hundreds of people every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday