Najeeb Jung new Delhi LG, KK Paul to be next Meghalaya Guv
New Delhi: Vice Chancellor of Jamia Milia university and a seasoned bureaucrat Najeeb Jung was on Monday appointed as the new Lt Governor of Delhi while former Delhi Police Commissioner KK Paul was made Governor of Meghalaya.
According to a communique issued by the Rashtrapati Bhavan, 62-year-old Jung becomes the 20th Lt Governor of the national capital replacing two-time LG Tejendra Khanna who had an eventful stint from April 2007.
An IAS officer of 1973 batch from Madhya Pradesh cadre, Jung has served in various capacities for 22 years in different capacities besides working as Senior Advisor for seven years at the Asian Development Bank (ADB).
Jung was appointed Vice-Chancellor of Jamia Millia Islamia in 2009.
Khanna, who was Lt Governor from 1996 to 1998 and 2007 to 2013, had an eventful tenure during which Commonwealth games were held in the national capital.
Paul takes over asMeghalaya Governor from R S Moosahary. A 1970 batch IPS officer, Paul was also Member of Union Public Service Commission from July 26, 2007. His wife, Amita Paul, is Secretary to President Pranab Mukherjee.
Former Southern Army Commander Lt Gen (retd) A K Singh takes over as the new Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Island from Lt. General Bhopinder Singh (Retd.) who completed his five-year tenure in March this year.
Former Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President and former Rajya Sabha member Virendra Kataria has been appointed as the new Lt Governor of Puducherry succeeding Iqbal Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state