Naked, headless body of an unidentified women found
New Delhi: A naked and headless body of a unidentified woman has been recovered from a bag near bus shelter in Janakpuri area of west Delhi here, police said on Thursday.
The woman`s body, apparently to be in her 30s, was recovered from a bag around 11 PM last night, a senior police official said, adding that the bag was lying abandoned near the bus stand and noticed by a passerby, who informed the police.
The torso was stuffed in the bag after being wrapped with a plastic sheet.
"There was no injury marks on the woman`s body. As per initial investigation, it appears that the victim was murdered elsewhere and her body was dumped near the bus shelter here," the officer said.
However, police ruled out the possibility of rape.
"The body has been sent for postmortem to ascertain the exact cause death. The woman`s head, it seems, was slashed with any sharp weapon," officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Can't be blamed if my sermons inspire jihadists: Zakir Naik
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases