Naked, headless body of an unidentified women found
New Delhi: A naked and headless body of a unidentified woman has been recovered from a bag near bus shelter in Janakpuri area of west Delhi here, police said on Thursday.
The woman`s body, apparently to be in her 30s, was recovered from a bag around 11 PM last night, a senior police official said, adding that the bag was lying abandoned near the bus stand and noticed by a passerby, who informed the police.
The torso was stuffed in the bag after being wrapped with a plastic sheet.
"There was no injury marks on the woman`s body. As per initial investigation, it appears that the victim was murdered elsewhere and her body was dumped near the bus shelter here," the officer said.
However, police ruled out the possibility of rape.
"The body has been sent for postmortem to ascertain the exact cause death. The woman`s head, it seems, was slashed with any sharp weapon," officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon