Namdhari`s plea for separate vehicle dismissed by
New Delhi: A Delhi court has dismissed sacked Uttarakhand minority panel chief S S Namdhari`s plea for a separate vehicle to ferry him between the court and jail, where he has been lodged following his arrest for allegedly killing liquor baron Ponty Chadha`s brother Hardeep.
Metropolitan Magistrate Gaurav Rao turned down Namdhari`s request, made by his counsel R S Malik, who said sought a separate vehicle for Namdhari, saying he faced threat to his life.
The request was made by the counsel yesterday, when Namdhari was produced before the court yesterday after expiry of his judicial remand.
In his plea, Malik had said other under-trials had attacked and injured his client yesterday, when he was being brought to the court.
The court had yesterday remanded Namdhari and his Personal Security Officer Sachin Tyagi, who too has been arrested for his alleged role in the killing, to judicial custody till December 27.
Ponty and Hardeep, who had an ongoing property dispute, were killed in a shootout at their Chattarpur farmhouse here on November 17 afternoon, after which the police has arrested altogether eight persons including Tyagi and Namdhari in various criminal cases linked to the incident.
The court also extended the judicial custody of other arrested persons - Bhupender Singh, Uday Raj Singh, Rajpal Singh, Anand Singh Bisht, Mathura Singh Mehra and Satnam Singh, till December 27.
All the eight accused have been booked for allegedly committing the offences of hatching criminal conspiracy, attempt to murder, dacoity, assault, Arms Act, destruction of evidence, trespass, illegal confinement and kidnapping.
The police, however, has booked Namdhari on charges of murder. The police had told the court that from the probe, it has been established that Namdhari has played a vital role in the conspiracy with other co-accused, who acted on his orders.
Meanwhile, the court has sent Simranjeet Singh and Jagbir Singh, memebrs of Namdhari`s `Khalsa Sena`, to police custody till December 18.
"Both of them had played an integral role in helping Namdhari and Ponty gain access and then forcibly occupy the Chhatarpur farmhouse. We are investigating whether they were also present at the Fortis Hospital when Ponty was taken there by Namdhari," the police told the court, while seeking their remand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed