Narendra Modi giving `misleading` statement: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday accused Narendra Modi him of giving misleading statements and dubbed him "most communal".
Asked if BJP is trying to project Modi as a secular figure especially after his anointment as the party`s PM`s candidate, Singh said "if he is the most secular person, who is the most communal person"?
On Modi giving allegedly misleading statements, Singh said the year in which he was taking about going to the army school in his rally in Rewari, no such school had existed at that time.
"He (Modi) has divided NDA and is now trying to divide his party," Singh charged.
Singh "there appeared to be total collusion with SP when Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) came out with the demand for "?hourasi Kosi Parikrama" during a period when the `Sant and the Mahatmas` are not allowed to move out of their house which is the `Chaturmas`, " said Singh on the sidelines of an event.
He went on to add that that "it is unheard of the way Ashok Singhal was given the oppportunity to address a press conference when he was in custody and when Praveen Togadia and his "VHP gang" had made a big show in the media, he said.
Singh said "in Muzzaffarnagar, it was quite apparent that the communal tension was growing. Unfortunately, no preventive steps were taken by the state government in preventing this riot".
"The judicial commission will do its job but wherever there is an obvious evidence of people engineering communal riots, at least take action against those people and arrest them. Why are they not being arrested?," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Congo citizen murder: Strict action needed, says Union Minister VK Singh
- Who stole the cookie? Let the canine siblings solve this mystery! - Watch video
- Galaxy of leaders to attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in; 18 new faces to become ministers
- Jose Mourinho signs Manchester United contract: Reports
- Narendra Modi government is anti-farmer, says Swaraj Abhiyan convener Yogendra Yadav