Narendra Modi giving `misleading` statement: Digvijay Singh
New Delhi: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Wednesday accused Narendra Modi him of giving misleading statements and dubbed him "most communal".
Asked if BJP is trying to project Modi as a secular figure especially after his anointment as the party`s PM`s candidate, Singh said "if he is the most secular person, who is the most communal person"?
On Modi giving allegedly misleading statements, Singh said the year in which he was taking about going to the army school in his rally in Rewari, no such school had existed at that time.
"He (Modi) has divided NDA and is now trying to divide his party," Singh charged.
Singh "there appeared to be total collusion with SP when Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) came out with the demand for "?hourasi Kosi Parikrama" during a period when the `Sant and the Mahatmas` are not allowed to move out of their house which is the `Chaturmas`, " said Singh on the sidelines of an event.
He went on to add that that "it is unheard of the way Ashok Singhal was given the oppportunity to address a press conference when he was in custody and when Praveen Togadia and his "VHP gang" had made a big show in the media, he said.
Singh said "in Muzzaffarnagar, it was quite apparent that the communal tension was growing. Unfortunately, no preventive steps were taken by the state government in preventing this riot".
"The judicial commission will do its job but wherever there is an obvious evidence of people engineering communal riots, at least take action against those people and arrest them. Why are they not being arrested?," he said.
- GSGMC demands to remove DU book's chapter calling Bhagat Singh a terrorist
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video